Left Community is a social network for socialists, communists, anarchists, and anyone else involved in the movement for a just and equal society, or interested in learning about the movement. It is intended to provide a space for activists alternative to capitalist social networks, and to build a healthy, mutually supportive community of leftists around the world. To facilitate these goals, we have a few fundamental rules, as well as some community guidelines.
The following types of content are explicitly not allowed. Users who ignore these rules will be permanently removed from the site:
- Racist behavior and statements
- Sexist behavior and statements
- Anti-gay and anti-transgender behavior and statements
- Advertisements on behalf of for-profit businesses
- Advocacy of white nationalism or “national bolshevism”
- Sexual depictions of children, including illustrations
- Stalking, harassment, and the sharing of users personal information without their explicit consent is also grounds for removal from the site. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Circumventing blocks
- Creating accounts specifically to mock users (e.g. “shitty takes” accounts)
- Please use content warnings for sexually explicit and graphically violent content.
- You can attach one to a post using the ‘CW’ button just below the text box when writing a post. These are also useful for discussing spoilers, or for sensitive topics such as sexual assault.
- If you have a disagreement with another user, seek a mediator.
- Disagreements are natural, especially when discussing political philosophy and praxis, but they don’t need to come to fighting. If a debate turns to a disagreement, seek a comrade or site moderator to help mediate the conversation.
Left Community is hosted in Hong Kong, in the People’s Republic of China, in an effort to resist mass surveillance by the government of the United States. It is not endorsed by the government of the PRC or any political party, and is managed independently by a collective of leftists based primarily in the United States.
We stand in solidarity with the oppressed peoples of all nations.